[Ti] 500Mhz spacebar failing?

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Fri Jun 13 13:37:59 PDT 2003

At 13:55 -0500 13-6-2003, Steve Martin wrote:
>A new spacebar didn't help so I guess I'll try a whole new keyboard :-(

Steve - as I said, by coincidence I have a problem with my space bar
as well.  I replaced it yesterday with a space bar from the spare
keyboard (from a different Ti) of a kind friend.  I worked all day
with the new space bar, lost about 1 hour doing manual editing of all
my work.  The new spacebar seemed to function worse than the one it
replaced.  So this evening, I took it off again, and tried several
times to re-fit it very carefully, using several small screwdrivers,
and plenty of light, to help position the 'wires' in exactly the
right places - quite a bit of trial and error .  Finally, it seemed
to fit well, I pressed it hard all over to 'snap' it in to position,
and now it is working perfectly, 100%.  So my suggestion would be to
try again !

T.