[Ti] 1ghz -> 867mhz

Paul N. Reid pnreid at cox.net
Fri Jun 13 15:47:18 PDT 2003

On 06/13/2003 16:42, "Sam Hotchkiss" <ti at zlit.net> wrote:

> Hey guys-- so the superdrive in my 1ghz 1gigoram 15" tibook never worked--
> and apple finally figured out it was the logic board, replaced it, and the
> superdrive works now, but everything seemed slowed...
>
> Well-- today I noticed that my tibook is now running at 867mhz!?!?  Any idea
> on how to correct this without sending my 'book back? :(

How are you determining that the processor is only running @ 867MHz?? If you
are using an utility to benchmark the machine, that is one thing, but if you
are determining this by using "About this Mac" in the apple menu, that
means the system is seeing a 867MHz processor on the logic board.  That
could mean that your 1GHz processor is damaged or malfunctioning... But more
likely, it would indicate that somehow your processor was replaced with a
slower model (giving the benefit of the doubt to dispatch tech, I would say
'unintentionally', but that's just the kinda guy I am...)

8^)

Respectfully,

ShrinkMan
Paul N. Reid, M.S.
AASP Certified Systems Technician
Point of No Return Productions
pnreid at cox.net

Fry: "I bet Leelas waiting for a nice guy with one eye."
Bender: "That'll take forever. What she should do is find a nice guy with
two eyes, and poke one of them out."

Futurama