[Ti] [OT] iSync only one way please

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Sat Jun 14 12:59:37 PDT 2003

lördagen den 14 juni 2003 kl 14.39 skrev Justin R.Miller:

> If you delete the phone device in iSync, and then re-add it, it will
> give you the option for the first sync to either blast the data on the
> phone, or merge with the phone.
----------
Thank you,
It seemed the way to go even if not with a perfect result. First time
it insisted on modifying 9 items on the computer though told not to.
But it wouldn't let me continue without accepting this. The result on
the phone was then disaster. It was neither sorted by first or surname
but a mixture of both and searching for letter K gave me first or
surnames starting with L and so on

Decided I had nothing to loose so choose a totally different way of
sorting the names in the address book and redid Justins suggestion
above. Now the replacement took place as it should, but a word of
warning – all the voice-commands for people was lost. Not at all a
surprise, but possibly something to consider if you have many of thoose
you'll have to redo.

Lisbeth i Göteborg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/Culture_in_School> updat 030606
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)