[Ti] [OT] Microsoft to quit web browsers for Mac

Loren Schooley loren at flash.net
Sun Jun 15 07:21:40 PDT 2003

On 6/15/03 3:20 AM, "etyrnal at ameritech.net" <etyrnal at ameritech.net> wrote:

> On Saturday, June 14, 2003, at 05:17 PM, PRC-2000 wrote:
>
>> SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp. said Friday it will no longer develop
>> versions of
>> its popular Web-browsing software for Apple Computer's Macintosh (news
>> - web
>> sites) system, saying Apple's own browsing software [OS X-only Safari]
>> is a
>> logical choice for Mac users.
>
> sorry, but that SUCKS.
>
> Safari is 1/3 of the Browser that IE is...

BUT: Just think of how much money you'll save on impulse buys.
Half my online purchases thus far stopped dead at the cash register, forcing
me to fire up IE to complete the transaction.

And of course it's embarrassing to use at work. Half our HR stuff, like
purchasing, benefit changes,  etc doesn't work-and I have to remind myself -
just use IE - ahhhh, much better.