[Ti] [OT] Microsoft to quit web browsers for Mac

etyrnal at ameritech.net etyrnal at ameritech.net
Sun Jun 15 13:05:42 PDT 2003

On Sunday, June 15, 2003, at 06:12 AM, David Remahl wrote:

>> On Sunday, June 15, 2003, at 12:50 AM, S. Moussly wrote:
>>
>>> Safari has matured pretty fast. And frankly for a beta, its pretty
>>> damn
>>> good :)
>>
>> yes, but there are TOO many things that Safari does NOT do...
>
> Like what? Spinning beach ball of death is one of the tricks IE does
> better...

Can you say plugins?  and what about...

<BGSOUND SRC="mp3's/lukesonicweb.mov" loop="infinite" />  safari
doesn't do it...

also the preferences give me MAJOR control over MANY aspects of IE..
Safari does NOT.

Also on my kid's computers there's the ratings control...  keeps them
away from garbage web sites...  not in Safari..  Subscriptions in
Safari?  Nope.  How well does Safari integrate Java?  Control over
number of connections? Forms AutoComplete on Safari is lame and
limiting...

Safari has a Loooooong way to go before i'll rely on it...

And Safari give me ridiculous beach balls just as easily as IE.

            __    http://etyrnal.no-ip.com            .__