[Ti] [OT] Microsoft to quit web browsers for Mac

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Sun Jun 15 15:34:26 PDT 2003

>It's web developers who don't adhere to W3C standards. With iCab you
>have a button to report obvious HTML syntax errors, like orphan
>closing tags, instantly for any page. When you use iCab and this
>feature, you come to realize how far web designers are from
>professional. They get something to work with IE on a PC and ship it.
>--

I agree with this wholeheartedly. If we had stuck to our guns from
the beginning and developed sites to w3c standards, the browsers
would have been standardized quickly. To web developer's defense,
however, the corporate feeding frenzy of the late 90s and their
eagerness to jump on the web forced a lot of developers to listen to
the people who were signing paychecks.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com