A real TiBook related question...

John Pariseau simplymail at ururk.com
Sun Jun 15 20:27:07 PDT 2003

After having plugged or unplugged a set of powered speakers into my
TiBook (550), the audio balance (L/R) often moves by itself. If it
moves just a little to the right, the left speaker is barely audible,
and the same if it moves to the left. I can easily fix this by moving
the slider to the middle. This means I have to open the pref pane
(option F3-5 on the TiBook keyboard). In fact, it may not be the
insertion or removal of the stereo mini jack. But it does change on
it's own, and I would like it to stop.

Anyone know why this happens? I can live with it, but it is annoying.

After running down to 865mb on a 20 gig HD, I lost all my Network
Location preferences (aggg! 10 of them!), and until I repaired
permissions (and cleared off some space) I couldn't create a new
location. I only say this, because I have recently repaired the
permissions. Repairing permissions was the only thing I could think of
to try resolving the audio issue. It didn't.