[Ti] SGI Monitor

Greg Chapel gchapel at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jun 16 08:49:46 PDT 2003

You must have different connectors on your SGI monitor than I have on my
SUNs I have 3 sun workstations. A SparcStation 10, 20 and Ultra 2. They all
use a non-VGA video plug that connects to the CPU box. It is not BNC, I know
what  BNC connectors are and these are not them. This is one solid plug, it
has 4 internal separate male connectors that look similar to phono plugs
inside the main connector plug that mates with the female recepticle on the
CPU box.

We tried to connect our SUN boxes to an external VGA projector and had all
kinds of trouble. We finally ended up using custom cables with 24 dip
switches that had to be specially configured to convert the signals to VGA
out to the projectors.

It sounds like you have a different situation though so hopefully you will
have less trouble.

Greg