[Ti] [OT] Microsoft to quit web browsers for Mac

ursus at mac.com ursus at mac.com
Tue Jun 17 00:28:57 PDT 2003

> At 4:34 PM -0400 6/16/03, John Griffin wrote:
>> IE is the only Browser that can handle my Bank site.
>> Safari can't and neither can Camino. If it becomes unavailable I don't know
>> what I will do

I have heard nothing of Microsoft withdrawing IE for Mac. The announced the
would not develop the standalone installer version further but that they
would maintain it.. And there is a new update available today.  The sky is
not falling.  The Mac is a browser-rich platform with several good browsers
available.  And no browser work on every site because the site coders re
often poor developers.  I suspect Safari will be a far better browser (when
it arrives in release form) than IE ever was.