[Ti] [OT] Microsoft to quit web browsers for Mac

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Tue Jun 17 07:24:55 PDT 2003

> John Griffin tapped out this message on 6/16/2003 4:34 PM
>
>> I wouldn't except that IE is the only Browser that can handle my Bank site.
>> Safari can't and neither can Camino. If it becomes unavailable I don't know
>> what I will do about online banking (unless, of course Apple and Netscape
>> resolve the problems).
>
> I don't know why your banking site won't work --- mine works on NC 4.8.
> (I assume you mean N 7.x so can't understand why that would not work)

What happens with Camino is it refuses to allow me to log in to CIBC in
Canada. I go to the login screen fill in my Bank Card number and Password.
Instead of going to my account information Camino goes to the Bank's main
general information page (very strange!)

Safari has all kinds of problems on two fronts. Even though I have allowed
popup windows in the Banking sites (which is necessary with both) it craps
out every time the bank sends a Java applet window which would allow me to
manipulate my accounts. Also, it suddenly will disconnect from Banking sites
forcing me to log in again.

I have none of these problems with IE.

jg