[Ti] [OT] Microsoft to quit web browsers for Mac

Sherman Gregory sherman at qualcomm.com
Tue Jun 17 13:18:47 PDT 2003

>To continue this thread a little further, how does one connect to a
>ftp site with Safari?

I am not sure if I have tied with he latest beta, but as far as I
could tell, Safari does not do ftp.  Whenever I would click on a link
to an ftp address, IE would launch to do the download.  This was
strange, and bugged me.   I could not figure out how to stop it.
Safari was set as my default browser.

So, a couple of months or so I deleted IE completely from my desktop
system.  Now the finder is used for ftp downloads.  I guess I don't
miss IE too much.

     Sherman