[Ti] [OT] Microsoft to quit web browsers for Mac

Jerry Krinock dearjerry at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 17 15:47:48 PDT 2003

I downloaded Safari today and although I notice it is much faster than
Internet Explorer, there are several things that make it a non-starter:

It appears that there is no way to sort bookmarks alphabetically.  (Internet
Explorer but you have to initiate it manually in each folder.)

In the Bookmarks window, there is no way to go change focus between the
Collections pane and the Bookmark list pane without using the trackpad.

There is no way to go to a site in the Bookmarks Window without using the
trackpad.

There is no way to go to a site in the Bookmarks Bar without using the
trackpad.

When tabbing across a page, it does not tab to links, checkboxes, drop-down
boxes and other items like Internet Explorer does.  Again, you have to go to
the trackpad, point and click.

Well, I shouldn't complain because if I wanted a lot of mediocre, free
software I'd be on the Dark Side, and Apple does not want to put its
independent developers out of business.  Since many of you are recommending
browsers, which do you recommend which would give me the speed of Safari
without all these missing features?

Jerry