[Ti] Can't read all files when copy user folder

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Wed Jun 18 05:32:56 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: Lisbeth Zachs <zachs at swedenmail.com>

Can I use Copy Clooner with more success?
-------
Used Carbon Copy Cloner and it seems to have copied it all, but it means that it took the _whole_ Users folder, which of course now includes the so mysteriously awakened Test user account too. More interestingly however it even copied some visiable aliases named var, tmp and etc and placed this aliases outside the cloned Users folder.

All three refers to an invisable folder named Private but it hasn't copied the file itself since that resides directly at "root level" of the HD and not inside Users folder.

So why are these aliases suddenly visable and why did they get copied when they are outside the Users folder even on the source HD.

It seems that I have had this invisable Private folder even in previous Back-ups, but never with visable aliases, to contents in it, occuring before.

Lisbeth in Gothenburg

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://corp.mail.com/careers