[Ti] Compatibility of Base stations around the world?

Robin Darby robindarby at mac.com
Sat Jun 21 20:02:03 PDT 2003

On Saturday, June 21, 2003, at 07:17  pm, Robert Nicholson wrote:

> Are you sure about the later?
>
> I was told the actual frequency of the transmission was different.
>
> On Saturday, June 21, 2003, at 05:02  PM, <ursus at mac.com> wrote:
>
>>> The power supply for my American purchased Snow basestation is only
>>> 110
>>> V but the basestation itself just requires 12v .7A input voltage.
>>>
>>> So do these things travel well or not?

[sigh] From the apple web site (usually the first place people look),
http://www.apple.com/airport/specs.html, or even printed in the base
station manual, or (probably) on the base station its-self:

Electrical and environmental requirements
Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
Storage temperature: -13°to 140° F ( -25° to 60° C)
Relative humidity (operating): 20% to 90%, noncondensing
Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet

Or for the less "technically minded" (read what you will) this means
it'll pretty much work everywhere apart from on top of mountains.

Ta
   Robin.

>> It is aut0switching and you need only have an adapter that matches
>> the local
>> power outlets.
>>
>> Frequency never matters to the base station since it runs on DC from
>> the
>> power brick.
>>
>> So ES, it travels well.

"If it were up to me, I'd let you off - but the Gods have a temper and
they've been drinking all day" - Groundskeeper Willy