[Ti] Ti-500 to LCD projector

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Sun Jun 22 00:19:54 PDT 2003

At 03:00 -0400 22-6-2003, Tom R. no spam wrote:
>For what little it may be worth, what resolution settings were
>variously used?  I've been involved in a couple of LCD projector
>group puzzlings (none QT movies, tho), and being sure the laptop
>resolution setting matched the projector's capability(-ies) made
>a difference.  In one case, the projector was somewhat old, and
>needed 640X480 which the (new IBM) laptop couldn't produce.  In
>your case, did you try different resolutions?

I am beginning to think that this was the issue.  My T-500 screen is
set at 1152 x 768.
Perhaps for the projector, I should have set it for 800 x 600.
This could explain why my Ti- desktop/ background was projected on to
the big screen.  Perhaps the Dock and Menu bar and Disk Partitions,
and even the QT Window, were 'there' but not visible because only the
800 x600 central part of the Ti-desktop was projected, and they were
off-screen.
I happen to remember that my QT window was at the edge of the
desktop, so all the data fits the hypothesis.

>(In other case, my showing my 700MHz 16VRAM then-OS10.1.4 iBook
>dancing through resolutions and connectors when noone else could
>get the projector to work was a major influence in 3 CSI grad
>students buying Macs within a year, 2 tiBooks and 1 12" alBook.)

I was rather hoping for the Ti to demonstrate a capability that would
have had similar effects!

Next time, perhaps.  I will in any case take my Ti along and see if I
can get to the bottom of this issue.

Thanks for your suggestion, Tom.

T.
T.