[Ti] Dvi connection

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Sun Jun 22 11:17:41 PDT 2003

At 1:20 PM -0400 2003.06.22, Marcus Tuel wrote:

>My friend is having some people over to his house later today and he has like a 52 inch flat screen tv with a dvi jack in.  I want to connect my powerbook up to it later today and play a huge game of Medal Of Honor or Unreal.  The worst part is I haven't been able to find a place that sells dvi cables except for one that is $100 at circuit city, but i have come up with a solution I think.  I am going to use the adapter that came with the powerbook that turns dvi into vga then use a 6 foot vga patch cable and on the other end of that use another vga to dvi adapter to change it back to dvi to plug into the tv.  Does anyone have any idea that this could be a bad idea and break his tv or any other idea to getting this to work?

I did purchase 5 meter and a 9 meter DVI cables for my plasma screen display. I purchased them from Better Cables <http://www.bettercables.com >.

The 9 meter cable had a note that it was longer than the DVI specification, but that it was specially conditioned to work over that length. Both cable do work fine for me, but the plasma screen resolution is lower than my Big Al resolution anyway. Text is very hard for me tor read this way.

The cables were expensive, $140 and $210.
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)