[Ti] What in future for the Powerbook?

Benn joverkamp at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 24 16:31:13 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, June 24, 2003, at 10:02  AM, John Griffin wrote:
> Now how about Powerbooks?
>
> Adam Engst in Tidbits predicts that the G4 will be in Powerbooks for
> quite
> awhile yet.
>
> However I read somewhere that the mobile version of the G5 chip is
> just as
> awesome and it is cool running with low power demands. So any chance
> of a 2
> GHz dual processor Powerbook in the near future?

I just read the following:
---
Apple's renewed relationship with IBM doesn't mean that Motorola will
be going away anytime soon. In fact, Apple will keep one G4-based
configuration around for as long as the market demands. The G4 model
will sell for $1299 directly from Apple.

"Motorola is huge for us," said Joswiak. "Our partnership with Motorola
is not going away, G4s are in every other part of our product line. As
you can see, [the G5] is not going in a PowerBook anytime soon.
Motorola remains very important to us, but IBM is the one that can take
us to the next level."
---
 From <http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/2003/06/24/future/>

So there you have it--it seems that there will be no powerbook G5 in
the near future.

Benn