[Ti] What in future for the Powerbook?

Massimo Marino Massimo_Marino at lbl.gov
Tue Jun 24 23:44:49 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, June 25, 2003, at 12:13  AM, PowerBook G4 Titanium List
wrote:

> Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:52:59 -0400
> From: mburke6225 at aol.com
> Subject: Re: [Ti] What in future for the Powerbook?
>

> [...] I FINALLY see where Apple is going with all this and it is truly
> inspired. Good job Jobs.  lol
>
> MBurke

Indeed, and let me tell: all Mac aficionados scientists are delighted
here. We tried - just for fun - to compare prices with 64-bit
workshations available on the market: Apple now gets you more bang for
your money. With Dell we even had to similar configurations and the G5
was almost $2000 (that's 2k) CHEAPER!

AND, the only stuff Windows trolls have been able to put out this time
is that the benchmarks are flawed because Apple used GCC compiler for
the PCs. Well, that is perfectly fine with *us*: our development is
essentially GCC compiled. We could not care less if on some other
environment the Intel performs better.

Finally, (just as an amusing note) even Merrill Linch got it this time.
They upgraded Apple stocks ;-)

--
Massimo Marino
NERSC Division - HPC Department