[Ti] What in future for the PowerBooks?

Roger Snyder rogersnyder at pobox.com
Wed Jun 25 09:39:50 PDT 2003

On 6/25/03 3:10, "etyrnal at ameritech.net" wrote:

> What about a G4 iPod?  =)  portable video/multimedia player? sporting
> 802.11g so we can leave wires behind...

    Using Wireless FireWire:

http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/main_news.cfm?NewsID=4848

On 6/24/03 13:24, "Benn" wrote:

> For starters, Apple needs to push powermac sales.  I think I read
> somewhere before that powermacs are the products that they get the most
> profit from, and sales have been horrible in recent times.

    I think there are a lot of people like me, that have seen the
power/speed differences between PowerBooks and PowerMacs as not particularly
great particularly when compared to a notebook's advantages, and the price
ratio has greatly lessened. (Yes my 550 Ti is getting older, but the
comparison would need to be with the PowerMacs of the time.)

    I can see Apple being influenced by the logic Benn states.

On 6/24/03 12:38, "Phillip McGree" wrote:

> Depends on supplies of the chips as well.... hopefully we won't have the
> supply disasters that Motorola had a few years ago.

    Looking at IBM's new $3 billion fabrication facility, I'm thinking that
is less likely to be a problem

-- Roger