[Ti] Pushing the limits of 867MHz

Jerry Krinock dearjerry at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 26 08:17:36 PDT 2003

on 03/06/26 00:51, cheshirekat at cheshirekat at cheshirekat.com wrote:

> Anyone ever had so many
> applications open that opening one more they immediately noticed
> decreased performance?

Since you asked, I just looked and saw that I now have 32 applications open.
I do not notice any performance problem when using applications which spend
most of their time waiting for my keyboard input like Office X, the
CodeWarrior editor, BBedit, ConceptDraw, Acrobat Reader.  However, if I ever
do something like importing real-time digital video using iMovie, or if my
son tries to play one of his games, the video starts coughing and choking
until we quit all other applications.

I have a 800 MHz with 1 GB RAM.