[Ti] Palm IIIxe

Glenn L. Austin glenn at austin-home.com
Sat Mar 1 07:33:52 PST 2003

on 2/28/2003 7:43 PM, Don at ds1000309 at uid.onemain.com wrote:

> My Tibook is mobile, but not *this* mobile. Outpost has a refurbished Palm
> IIIxe on
> sale for $59.99.
>
> Is this a good deal? Has anyone any experience with this model? I am
> particularly
> interested in the "to do" list function and have never owned/used a hand held.
>
> The product description says you can connect with your Mac over a landline.
> How
> practical is that function?
>
> Thanks for any input.

I really like having a Palm that I can carry on my body in addition to my
PBG4.

I used to carry around a Franklin planner to keep track of my schedule,
phone book, and to-do list, but the Palm does all of that and more -- in a
much smaller package.

That, in conjunction with connecting it to my PBG4 with the cradle (using a
USB port in my case) allows me to do more extensive stuff with the computer
(using Entourage, in my case) and carry around what I need when I'm away
from the computer.

--
Glenn L. Austin <><
Computer Wizard and Race Car Driver