[Ti] Ericsson T68i

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Mon Mar 3 16:29:42 PST 2003

On Monday, March 3, 2003, at 09:27  pm, Rick Banuelos wrote:

> I feel this is the right place to ask, since people here love to use
> wireless devices...
>
> How is the T68i? Should I buy it now, or should I wait until there are
> more choices?
>
> Just looking for reviews...

this really seems to be the BIG question atm.

I got my T68i last October and although I can't say I am "delighted"
with the phone, the whole bluetooth iSync/remote control your Ti thing
is really really cool...

My feeling (I don't know much about the reality) is that Apple has cut
Sony/Ericsson into some kind of iSync deal, although I am sure that
developers will start to write conduits/APIs for the other bluetooth
phones out there given time. Of course it won;t be as slick as iSync
though...

Nokia seem to be conspicously out of the picture atm which is a shame
because my favourite phones to use were always theirs...

the T68i is quite  a few months old now-- so if i was looking to buy i
might hang on to see what happens. The GUI usability and speed on the
phone is the big downside -- and I'm sure Ericsson are aware of this
and working on it...

However being able to control an MP3 jukebox on your (wireless) laptop
with a mobile phone is one of the best geek gadgets I've had in a long
time....

PS Battery life, sound quality  and Bluetooth performance on the phone
seems great to me.

--
Tarik Bilgin
Opalblue
tarik at opalblue.com

--
regards from england

TARIK BILGIN, Web Developer
tarik.bilgin at englandagency.com

an agency called england
marshall mill. marshall street. leeds LS11 9YJ
t.0113 234 5600 f.0113 234 5601
http://www.englandagency.com/

This e-mail contains information that is confidential and may be
Legally privileged. If  this e-mail has been addressed to you in
error and you are not the person intended or authorised to receive
it or a copy of it, please notify the sender as soon as possible.