[Ti] Soney Ericsson Clicker

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Mon Mar 3 21:32:45 PST 2003

At 10:45 AM +1100 3/4/03, Les Posen wrote:

>I had no trouble registering although I took a single license.

You had no trouble buying it, but you could not register it. Here's what the author wrote:

The activation problem is two-fold. (1) eSellerate's SDK seems to mistakenly think there's no internet connection on some users' systems, and (2) eSellerate's serial number generator dispensed duplicate serial numbers (preventing the activation scheme from working in the first place), something I was able to find out only once people had started buying...

In my case the code was not accepted.

The re-posted version of S/E Clicker dropped the registration requirement. This morning the app had a place to enter it.

>I hadn't seen Romeeo despite frequent visits to Versiontracker.com. I imagine the two can happily exist on the TiBook, although only one can be selected at a time.
>
>The downside to these apps as I see it, or perhaps it is a Bluetooth shortcoming, is the inability to have other Bluetooth functioning occurring simultaneously. I can't use my Address Book Bluetooth integration, nor my Bluetooth headset paired with the T68i while the Clicker is doing its thing. That would be OK with things like Powerpoint and Keynote, but a disadvantage if using iTunes in the background and wanting to make calls or send SMSs in the foreground.
>
>I'm not too sure where the failure to share resides - the apps, Apple's Bluetooth implementation, the T68i, but it would be good to get this issue overcome.

I agree.
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)