[Ti] iMic does not appear in my sys prefs; very strange

Colin McDonald cmmcdonald at mac.com
Wed Mar 5 11:39:05 PST 2003

Eduard,

If your iMic works fine under OS 9 then its doing better than mine.
I bought one as well because my Ti 667 had no sound input jack but I've
never been able to get it to work  satisfactorily. It shows up fine in the
sound inputs panel and is recognised by Cubase etc. but the sound is broken
up with digital clicks.

I've tried experimenting with various preferences (gain, sample rate etc)
but  I get cleaner recordings from the built in mic (unless the fan kicks in
of course!).

I believe from posts I've seen on other lists that the iMic is considered
unreliable in the audio trade.  If was jut a matter of the finer points of
sound quality I wouldn't mind, but it never seems to work for me at all (and
yes I've read and deciphered the instruction leaflet) under any system. I've
tried every level of input from dynamic mics to mixer and guitar outputs
with fixed and variable levels of signal.

Perhaps you could advise me how to get it to work under OS 9 :-)

Sorry I can't help with this particular problem - I would like to hear an
answer to this as well.

Colin McDonald