[Ti] Mac.com

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Thu Mar 6 10:01:57 PST 2003

At 9:43 AM -0800 3/6/03, Dick Grable wrote:

>When I travel mac.com will not work when sending mail. Have to use another account. This is with dial-up or high-speed. Strange that it only works at home and nowhere else.

Many ISP's, such as EarthLink, require you to send mail from their SMTP server when you connect via them. This could be the problem if you use a dial-up ISP on the road but another ISP (possible broadband) at home.

This can be a hassle. I myself have to enter smtp.earthlink.net into my email program for about 8 accounts when travelling and dialing EarthLink from my room, but change those settings back if I use my GPRS connection from the lobby or if I resort to dialing my home ISP (myself, actually).
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)