[Ti] iMic does not appear in my sys prefs; very strange

Colin McDonald cmmcdonald at mac.com
Thu Mar 6 12:35:29 PST 2003

on 5/3/03 20:17, b at galahad9 at earthlink.net wrote:

> I can't speak for the 'audio trade', as a whole, but I use a MIDI
> in/out controller, and somewhat pricey software to get direct analog
> voice, as well as analog and digital sound,  'In', on a 667. I needed
> it to run synthesizers and a few signal processors [that were hanging
> around from the 'old' days], so, it was not much effort to use an
> external mic, also. MOTU's 828, and a little app called Mic Modeler
> [which is not necessary for general use] , do the job perfectly.
>
> Aside: MicModeler uses patches to give an ordinary mic the same
> response curves of a wide variety of state-of-the-art recording mics,
> hence the 'not necessary' bit.
>
> It may seem like a lot of 'work' or expense, but analog/digital
> converters and MIDI in/out boxes can be found, used, for not a lot of
> actual cash.

Thanks for this.  MIDI interfaces are not a problem to me - Midiman do a
good range of devices for example. Its was the lack of the input jack on the
Ti that bothered me. I can't think why Apple decided to do this in my
vintage of TiBook.

I use Cubase VST Score 5 and it works fine on other models of Mac with
direct sound input, but it does not take clean inputs from the iMic.

Appreciated,

Colin McDonald