[Ti] Motorola T720

Sherman Gregory sherman at qualcomm.com
Thu Mar 6 13:22:06 PST 2003

At 10:48 AM -0500 3/4/03, Obrecht, Jerry A wrote:
>  >>
>>Has anyone had any success with data transmissions using the Motorola T720
>>with a USB cable and the Tibook?
>>
>>I am looking for any information, drivers for OS X or 9.
>>

>Yes, that is how I am sending you this.  Mac OS X 10.2.4
><<
>---------------------------
>What would be really interesting is to know what transfer speeds you
>all are experiencing in using cell phone (or PDS) connections??  Is
>this potentially a challenge to standard dial-up?

Yes, it is an alternative to dial up.  I have been using it that way
for several months.  From the speed tests at dslreports.com I often
see 100-110 kbps down and 30-40kbps up.  This is with CDMA2000-1x
service branded as "Express Network" by Verizon and as "PCSVision" by
SprintPCS.  Sprint likes to discourage this use with phones, but the
Novatel Merlin PCCard works.  Ping times are on the long side so
complex web page downloads can be slower, and I don't think that it
would be the best solution for gaming, but it sure is convenient.

      Sherman