[Ti] Microsoft OfficeTest Drive

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Thu Mar 6 19:46:55 PST 2003

At 8:29 PM -0600 3/6/03, Terry Houle wrote:
>I have the stupid MS Office Test drive on my new 12"Power Book I bought.   Can anyone  tell me how to  rid of the #*&^ thing  since I already have Office on their( not sure why but...).
>It keeps launching  and saying  expired and I have tried to change the default to open with the licensed version but seems to ignore it.  I am running 10.2.3.

I had the same problem recently after installing Office on a new 12" aBook. I'm sorry that I forget exactly how I cleared it but I did not have to search for any preference file. I deleted the Office folder, either by trashing it or running a de-installer. Then I installed freshly.

Also, in my case the Extras installer failed to complete. It got near the end and then told me that some Microsoft folder was not found and the installation was cancelled.

It seems to me that almost everyone would buy Office at the special price along with a new aBook. So this is a bad flaw to have missed testing. I mean' all you have to do is take a computer and install Office, which is the first or only app someone would install.
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)