[Ti] Installing software...

Evan Shea darkglory at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 6 22:28:16 PST 2003

> I double click the the .pkg icon, the menu bar changes from Finder to
> Installer, then nothing happens...I am currently trying to install some
> printer software...it also happened after I downloaded the latest imovie
> release, though I was able to install it through  Software Update ...does
> this help?

Well, given that it seems like it will be hard to diagnose the problem
without actually seeing it, I'd say just reinstall the Installer program.
You can extract the Installer installer (I know...you understand, right?)
from your Jaguar system disk using a program called Pacifist.  A description
and download link is available here:
http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=12743&db=mac
I'd say that's probably the fastest and easiest way to (hopefully) solve
your problem...though my work and advice comes with no guarantee.  Good
luck!

-Evan