[Ti] iMic does not appear in my sys prefs; very strange

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 7 23:19:45 PST 2003

According to John Griffin:

>Has anyone here tried the Griffin PowerWave for Audio input?
>
>It is a bit pricey, but I am considering it for doing some recording work
>(guitar and singing) using Toast and Jam. I have the iMic too, but abandoned
>it long ago for the reasons just stated by others on the list.
>
>jg

Sorry, for the delay on a response john.

I used one at a friend's recording studio a month ago. But wasn't
sure, what with my workload, if it was indeed the PowerWave. It was.
It worked absolutely perfectly for me.

I know that the reviews, that have appeared in the past, in serious
recording mags are all glowing...meaning great.

My buddy, who also uses the PowerMate, iMIc, G-Port, and USB AudioHub
[which all come from the folks who make the AudioWave] is raving
about all their stuff. He uses his setup a lot, as in nearly 24/7.

I know that shielding and its relationship to the presence, or lack
of presence,  of 'proximity'-related artifacts [hum, buzz, etc] is a
major concern. The AudioWave, when I used it, was operating perfectly
in both ideal, and less than ideal, circumstances. It gets an "A"
from me.

~flipper