[Ti] Fixing a power adapter cord

Philip Booth pcbooth at swbell.net
Sat Mar 8 13:47:43 PST 2003

On 3/8/03 2:58 PM, "John Pariseau" <simplymail at ururk.com> wrote:

> I assume we are talking about the square white adapters...
>
>> I'd rather pay 70 bucks for a new cord than, what? 750 to a thousand
>> for a new mother board.  LOL

I was looking at the connector and thought that it looked like a Standard
RCA, but it actually has a 2.5 mm tip and sleeve mini-plug surrounded by
collar. I know that the plug has different LEDs to indicate charging and
normal power. I am also pretty sure that Apple has copyrighted/patented the
design so there will not be any third party fixit kits for sale.

If someone wants to be adventurous your might be able to jury rig one of
those Cell Phone head set plugs to work. It will void the warrantee though.