[Ti] How to password protect the machine coming out of sleep?

Glenn Verhalle glenn at datalinesolutions.net
Mon Mar 10 00:18:41 PST 2003

>On  Mon, 24 Feb 2003 08:56:37 -0600 Robert Nicholson <robert at elastica.com>
>wrote:
>
>>  If I force sleep my machine how can I set it up so that it prompts me
>>  for a password when coming out of sleep later?
>
>I use a little utility called secureSLEEP to do it. It is a small
>Applescript routine that, when you launch it, invokes the Screen Saver and
>puts the computer to sleep. To work properly, you have to have the password
>prompt option enabled in the Screen Effects Preference pane (System
>Preferences). It works for me every time when I leave the computer for a
short time.

sorry for the late reply but the flu kept me in bed the last days.

I have a little appliction "Sleeplock" which is in my loginitems.
Whenever I close the lid or put the book manually into sleep it
forces the screen saver to come up when you wake it up. Have been
using this for ages (since 10.1 or maybe even 10.0). Works great