[Ti] Merits of Ti 400 Mhz

Sherman Gregory sherman at qualcomm.com
Mon Mar 10 15:04:01 PST 2003

At 1:26 PM -0800 3/10/03, Dean Powers wrote:
>>Fry's in Silicon Valley has a new 400 Mhz Ti with 128 MG RAM and a
>>10 GB hard drive for sale for $1,149.
>

>>  I'd like to know how difficult it would be to upgrade it to 256 MB
>>RAM and a 30 MB hard drive. Anyone have experience in how 10.2 runs
>>on a 400 Mhz model?

I wonder where they came up with new 400s?  Weren't they discontinued
about 1-1/2 years ago?

Anyway, the ram upgrade should be a snap.  There is probably a single
128 in there, and another 128 should be cheap.   Changing out the
hard disk in the first Gen Ti's is kind of tricky.  If you are
mechanically inclined, have some small torx drivers (#8 I think), and
have patience, it can be done.  Later Ti books made this easier.

      Sherman