Spinning beachballs

Mark Swanson mswanson9988 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 11 00:45:18 PST 2003

I tried  running terminal and then:   sudo redo_prebinding -root /
It them asks me for a password.  But it never accepts my password.
After three tries I have to start over.  Being a novice, I tried
pasting and retyping the command, but no go.  Now I am more frustrated
as I think its not accepting my password for root. Could this have
changed without me knowing?   Maybe there is something simple I am
missing.  Also, is there a book or site where I can begin to learn
terminal and its commands.  I bought the  "Missing Manual" but its a
little light on terminal commands.  By the way, I really appreciate
having a source like this where people share their insight and
experience.  Again, thanks to all.