[Ti] I am tired of spinning beachballs

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 11 16:15:29 PST 2003

According to Michael Bigley:

>>>Try this, in case your path is incorrect:
>>>
>>>sudo /usr/bin/redo_prebinding -root /
>>>
>>>/ Rgds, David
>>
>>Yes, BSD's been there since day One for me. I tried in two shells,
>>always same response "no command".
>
>The command is there, it seems -root is the culprit in my case:
>
>/usr/bin/redo_prebinding: unknown option: -root
>Usage: /usr/bin/redo_prebinding [-c|-p|-d] [-i] [-z] [-r rootdir]
>[-e executable_path] [-seg_addr_table table_file_name]
>[-seg_addr_table_filename pathname] [-o output_file] input_file

Now we're getting somewhere. :=)

BTW MIchael, one of the links in your post tried to dial out through
my dsl modem, as soon as the message was opened, just so you know. It
was going to a 207.xx.xxx.xx asp web deal. I get that all the time
with html mail, but it's rarer with format/flowed.

cheers,
~flipper