[Ti] OS X woes

Tom Warner tom at dfind.com
Wed Mar 12 14:44:10 PST 2003

On Wednesday, March 12, 2003, at 08:36 PM, Henry Kalir wrote:

> Yesterday, I allowed Software Update to install a Java update, and now
> can't open any of those sites at all.
>
> I'm using a Ti G4 800 MHz with OS 10.2.4

You might be interested in this from <http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/> :

"How to uninstall Java 1.41
  Mike Hay the developer responsible for the new Java plugin has
informed me that you can disable/enable the Java 1.4.1 update in the
following way: After installing the Java 1.4.1 Update, you may switch
the version of Java that Safari uses by:
  (a) moving the bundle "JavaPluginCocoa.bundle" out of
"/Library/Internet Plug-Ins" to the Desktop -- Safari will use Java
1.3.1
  (b) moving the bundle "JavaPluginCocoa.bundle" from the Desktop back
into "/Library/Internet Plug-Ins" -- Safari will use Java 1.4.1

Apparently, the bug in this article is a known issue with the Java
1.4.1 implementation according to Apple. It affects only a few applets,
but that isn't much consolation to a loyal user of one of those
affected sites. It is also interesting that the PC running XP does not
have this problem with Java. Now that we know how to uninstall Java
1.41 in OS X for these situations we can use the Java plugin that works
best. Pass the word."

All the best,
Tom
--