[Ti] Safari Beta v.64 is out [NOT HERE]

Victor Eijkhout eijkhout at cs.utk.edu
Wed Mar 12 18:29:24 PST 2003

>At 1:03 PM -0500 3/12/03, Victor Eijkhout wrote:
>>  Basic conclusion:
>>Apple is open when it suits them. Quite worth reading.
>
>I have not read the article, but of course Apple is Open Source when
>it suits them.

I was not clear: open *standards*, not open source.

Deatherage contrasts Apple's open file format for Keynote -- KN
needing all the help it can get to win over PPT -- with the closed
file formats for iTunes, iPhoto and such: only Apple can integrate
those apps; Toast and such don't have the kind of integration that
Apple's apps have.

--
Victor Eijkhout <eijkhout at cs.utk.edu>
tel: 865 974 9308 (W), 865 673 6998 (H), 865 974 8296 (F)