[Ti] Battery Question

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Thu Mar 13 07:50:56 PST 2003

On  Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:31:10 -0800 Chris/Gail Ladd <ladd at citytel.net>
wrote:

> Just got a new 1Gh TiBook.  Can i leave my battery installed  and then
> run the  TiBook  " plugged in"  (that's what i've been doing) or should
> I remove the battery once it is fully charged.

You bring up an interesting point. If you follow MacFixit, they suggest
removing the battery when the Powerbook is plugged in. I have read just the
opposite elsewhere. Who do you believe?

MacFixit's point is that if you leave it plugged in all the time, your
battery is going to lose its capacity faster than if you remove it.

Is this true? Some say yes, some say no.

One benefit of leaving it in is that you have a built in UPS. This is a
major plus here in Ontario where our Hydro service is badly compromised.

I for one would like to read from someone who really knows what he is
talking about.

jg