[Ti] What is this going to do to Apple, and its laptops?

Sherman Gregory sherman at qualcomm.com
Thu Mar 13 09:14:01 PST 2003

One thing that I have not heard mentioned here yet is cost.  I think
that the main advantage of the Intel Centrino solution will be that
the parts cost to build an 802.11 (a,b,g) laptop will be less due to
the integration.  Fewer parts means less cost.

If apple decides to include Airport (Extreme) on all laptops then
they would probably want to put it on the motherboard to save the
costs of the connectors and packaging of the cards.  It would cost
even less it the 802.11 circuitry was built into a chip that they
already have there anyway.

     Sherman