[Ti] OS X woes

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Fri Mar 14 07:51:34 PST 2003

>So glad to hear that, but right now I feel just the opposite...that
>Windoze is working well, and OS 10 is like an tight "Gordian knot".
>(uh oh..."bleating again"...)
>
>So...a favor from you (see below):
>
>Iwf you're running OS 10.2.4, with IE 5.2 AND Netscape Navigator 7.0.2 installed,

I think Netscape is the source of the problem

> would you mind doing me a favor and try opening pogo.com,

Interesting site. I wasn't all that interested in signing up for a membership to access their site but figured oh well, what the heck. It wouldn't let me use my 'always available' screen name as it was 'already taken' but yet when I asked for it to then send me an email with my password, it said that my 'always available' screen name was not in their database.

When it also demanded my age, zip code and such, I opted out of the site.

> clicking on backgammon, going to any room and
>setting up a "table"? Can you please let me know if you got the backgammon
>board on both?
>
>TIA,
>
>Best,
>
>Henry
>
>On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, XXL wrote:
>
>> Gee, I love the reliability of OS X. I owned every OS 9 utility and used
>> them a LOT.  I just have no problems with OS X at all.  My big problem is
>> all my PC buddies always calling me to fix their Wintel stuff.  I have
>> finally gotten to the point of telling  them "If I wanted to be tweaking
>> Wintel machines all the time I would BUY one."  Not all of them have taken
>> it gracefully.
>> -Joel

>$14.99 Unlimited Nationwide Mac Dialup and Mac Web Hosting from your Mac ISP
>Serious Mac Internet Solutions From NineWire!   http://macinternetaccess.com
>
>RoadTools $30 PodiumPad available at Apple retail stores, $20 Traveler
>CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>

Robert Ameeti
mailto:robert at ameeti.net

- Thomas A. Edison