[Ti] OS X woes

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Fri Mar 14 08:57:57 PST 2003

>>Interesting site. I wasn't all that interested in signing up for a membership to access their site but figured oh well, what the heck. It wouldn't let me use my 'always available' screen name as it was 'already taken' but yet when I asked for it to then send me an email with my password, it said that my 'always available' screen name was not in their database.
>>
>>When it also demanded my age, zip code and such, I opted out of the site.

>Robert,
>
>You don't have to give out all your details.

I do that regularly.

>Make up anything and give them one of your hotmail addresses.

I in fact give them pogo at ameeti.net so as to later be able to identify the spam and filter it out easily.

I was more intrigued by the sites insistence that my favorite, never before found to be unavailable user name was already taken, yet their database did not have it listed when I asked for it to email me the password for the already taken username. What I deduced was that the site does not allow letter only user names. When I entered zxcdsaq as my next user name, it then also said that that user name was taken. It offered to append a 2 or a 9 to that obscure password so as to be 'unique'. With the bottom line being that I was going to have to have a special user name just for this site, and then to have to remember that this site was 'special', I recognized the beginning of an unfriendly site. I understand that passwords should have numbers but user names? I think not.
--

Robert Ameeti
mailto:robert at ameeti.net

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.