[Ti] drivers for printers?

bee4 bee4 at Mac.com
Sat Mar 15 21:39:32 PST 2003

on 3/15/03 3:02 PM, t molnar at tam at em.ca wrote:

 > I am running 10.2.4  on my tibook 1 ghz.
 > I also have an Espson 980 colour printer.
 >
 > The  computer recognizes the printer and prints fine, but on OS 9 I
 > could set all sorts of printing parameters, it doesn't seem i can do
 > this on OS X.
 >
 > Epson does have a driver for down load but it says its only for OS X
 > up to 10.2.1.
 >
 > Is it safe to use this?  I am assuming it would allow me to customize
 > the printer like in OS 9.
 >
 > Advice please...if you can spare some thought on this.
 >
 > cheers,
 > tim

I had the 900 on 10.2 and I now have the 980 on 10.2.4 it works fine.
Downloaded both drivers from Epson USA site.
I did have to reinstall the drivers once because it ran a little
strange. (Sometimes it worked sometimes it did not.) I also stuck USB in
the computer and not the external keyboard on my Ti 500.
The installer placed the Epson Utility in my Applications
folder, using this you can check your ink, clean heads the same as in 9.
Runs the same now. From Print Center choose 980 then clik configure then
it should show 980 click OK your away. Page setup should be the same,
but only looks different. Also looks different in Print, but again
you'll still have lot's of options. Also my OS is setup for Japanese,
however I used the
English driver works great. I will say that it does not work as smooth
as in OS 9, I think that's Epson not Apples fault. Here in Japan even
their new Epson printers sometimes do not have OS X drivers in the box.
By the way the 900 and 980 was never sold in Japan it was called the
930 over here, now they do not even make it. They do have a 930C now,
but it is not the same. Repeat, it's safe do not worry, but it does not
run as smooth as in 9. Downloaded both drivers from Epson USA site.