[Ti] How deep sleep?

Silvo Conticello silvoc at tiscali.it
Sun Mar 16 11:04:48 PST 2003

It is probably too late, anyway.
I don't have experience with File Maker, but I think whatever process
will stop once the computer is sleeping (it happened to me to put the
computer to sleep by mistake in the middle of some perl scripts... and
having to restart them). And I don't think it will restart
automatically (unless some special command exists (?)).
Silvo

On Saturday, Mar 15, 2003, at 20:18 Europe/London, Roger Snyder wrote:

>     Are there things one should not put the book to sleep (close the
> lid)
> while they are running (in OSX)?
>
>     Another way, I never think about shutting the lid in any state,
> (though
> I would not when running Disk Warrior, just to be sure) but right now
> FileMaker is running a script on 815,000 records (which will take a
> number
> of hours) and it made me think about putting the book to sleep.
> Particularly
> since I'd have to start all over again.
>
>     No obviously I want this job to finish, so I'm leaving it running,
> but
> what about sleeping just to move it room to room?
>
>     Am I being overly cautious? (Not a big deal, but it got me
> thinking).
>
> --
> Roger

Silvo Conticello
TiBook 500MHz/768Mb RAM/20Gb HD/OS10.2.4
E-mail: silvoc at tiscali.it
Cambridge
UK