List Gray Focus [Was HEY, about that Safari Beta v.64 license]

Daniel T* Kegan daniel at keganlaw.com
Sun Mar 16 13:38:04 PST 2003

Re On/Off topic--
I assume we each draw the sharp line in the gray region differently,
but I consider an elist generally open to civil discussion on ANY topic
likely
of interest to the purpose of the list.

I joined this list when I was getting my Ti (800), and topics of
interest and usefulness to me
have included Ti paint, Ti battery, OSX (which was quite new to me),
opinions on
diverse utilities, Safari issues, new Apple hardware, 10.2.4 problems,
etc.
Apple market share and Apple corporate viability (as well as ignorance,
bias, and myth
in the computer market generally) are of vital long-range concern,
because I prefer
a world with Macs (current hard/software and original design
philosophy) to one without.
How we, Mac users, treat software, property rights, and license
obligations, reflect on
us, on Apple, and on the economic viability of the Mac.

I really don't want to join ten separate lists when my basic concern is
simply
learning about and keeping up with Macs, focused on Ti laptop issues.
The alternative strikes me as grossly time inefficient but also
balkanizes our community.

Daniel Kegan * daniel at keganlaw.com * Kegan & Kegan, Ltd.
We identify, develop, and protect intangible business assets
and counsel other professionals on legal issues.
Balanced Counsel for Smart Clients * www.keganlaw.com