[Ti] Ti + HP Photosmart 850 = 0

Jim Soriano jsoriano at sumbeach.com
Mon Mar 17 13:30:42 PST 2003

I've posted a few times already about apparent issues with 10.2.4 and
various types of flash memory cards.  My experience with both CF and
MMC/SD cards is that their "native" formatting in the cameras is not
totally compatible with the latest instantiation of the OS X flash disk
drivers.  I didn't seem to have this severe a problem in earlier
versions of Jaguar.

I've run into this with my Canon S10 CF cards and Canon Elura2 MMC and
SD cards on both my TiPB and my wife's PMG4.  The only fix that I've
found to work 85% of the time is to erase and format the flash card in
a Windows PC (ouch...sorry), then use the camera to take some photos,
then read the flash card on the Mac.  Even with this process, the flash
card doesn't always mount on the Mac without a reboot.

YMMV and all that...

Regards,

Jim