[Ti] Wireless keyboards and mice

Victor Eijkhout eijkhout at cs.utk.edu
Mon Mar 17 15:31:54 PST 2003

>Hi all
>
>Is anyone using a wireless keyboard and mouse with their PowerBook?
>I'm looking for recommendations...

With my desktop.

Gyration have a nice kbd & mouse. Works over RF rather than IR, so no
pointing issues. Costs $100 and a few weeks ago Staples had a whole
display of it.

Caveat: there seems to be a weird problem that I've encountered with
two different wireless keyboards, one IR and this RF, that sometimes
keystrokes get dropped. I was reading up on wireless keyboards on the
net and from some review I got the impression that it's a matter of
the computer being somehow otherwise engaged, and the keyboard not
buffering the missed character. I have no idea if that's an accurate
statement, but it *is* annoying.

Btw, the Gyration kbd is a windows kbd, but since the "windows key"
functions as a command key you'll have all your normal modifiers,
just with command and option reversed.

--
Victor Eijkhout <eijkhout at cs.utk.edu>
tel: 865 974 9308 (W), 865 673 6998 (H), 865 974 8296 (F)