[Ti] Big Al and my initial thoughts

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Fri Mar 21 06:19:36 PST 2003

> > If you have any particular questions, I'll see if I can answer them.
>>
> > http://Ameeti.net/BigAl/
>
>I'm a huge music fan and would like to know what the bass is like on your new Book - when you say the sound is excellent, what kind of music are you listening to?

I'm a great example of a tone deaf person. I am the last person to be asking of details for music but...

>From my perspective, listening to the Titanium, the sound is tinny and weak. You wouldn't ever think to use it as a sound source if you wanted to listen to music. It is just not good enough.

With Big Al, the sound is much, much better. And capable of being louder. It seems that I might not have to use the Apple sub woofer and Icicles like I thought. Big Al's sound is plenty loud, very clear, and will probably do just fine for me alone at the computer. It works well in a small room. It wouldn't be good enough for a party.

Hope that helps.

> I'm writing this listening to music via my extremely tinny TiBook in part because I can't be bothered to find, untangle and plug in my Sony speakers.

Understood.

>And for any owners of the 12" TiBook, can your sound be described as at least decent as well?

That would be the 12" Al book or Little Al. The sound on that is not nearly the sound of Big Al.
--

Robert Ameeti
mailto:robert at ameeti.net

The best thing about growing older is that it takes such a long time.