[Ti] Anticipation

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Fri Mar 21 13:46:26 PST 2003

At 21:26 +0000 21-3-2003, Selwyn Ward wrote:
>Apple tell me my new 17" AlBooks should be arriving next week (yes, I've got
>2 en route: one for me and one for my partner).

Look forward to your comments on portability (weight), size, function etc.

>This will be my fifth
>Powerbook and in all previous incarnations, the first thing I've done is
>dump the entire contents of my old PB into a partition or folder on the new
>one, so I guess I will do the same with the contents of my Ti500. I should
>probably know this, but can anyone remind me please of the keypress on
>bootup that turns a PB into an external drive when connected to another by
>Firewire?

Apple-T ?

>Also, what's the best advice on whether or not to partition? I didn't
>partition my Ti but recent posts have suggested that partitioning may be a
>good idea.

I have always partitioned my disk (and posted the details t the
List).  I can find and resend if you want my view.

>I gather that the AlBooks don't come with a dual boot option (ie: switchable
>to System 9 if need arises) but is it still possible to install System 9 on
>a partition & boot from that?

As far as I understand it, the latest Ti (unless the deadline has
been extended) will not boot at all from OS9, although of course
Classic perates within OS X.  But no booting from 9.
Maybe not even booting from pre-Jaguar OS X?