[Ti] Panther

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Sat Mar 22 07:10:09 PST 2003

--On Friday, March 21, 2003 11:30 AM -0500 Christopher Owens <cwosigns at mac.com> wrote:

> Just looked at Apple's website, and it looks like the next major release of OS X will be a WWDC in June.  It's code-named "Panther" and if it costs $129 I'm gonna be pissed.  = )

I believe it will be "revealed" for the benefit of the developers, not "released." However, like it or not, there's certainly reason to believe that when it is released, probably in the Fall, the practice of many years of charging for major releases will continue. $99 for OS 7,8,9 releases and now $130 for OS X releases seems to be the norm.
--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com