[Ti] Fwd: Degrees symbol? (ANSWER)

David Remahl david at ittpoi.com
Sat Mar 22 09:54:50 PST 2003

Another thing to note, is that in Mac OS X it is not possible to
produce all characters from the keyboard, at least not using
conventional modifiers in conjunction with normal keys.

The Character Palette can be used to locate characters from the full
Unicode set. To activate the Character Palette:

1. Start System Preferences.
2. Select International (don't ask me why...)
3. Select the Input Menu tab.
4. In addition to the keyboard layout you use, select Character Palette
from the input methods list.

To show the Character Palette, select it from the input menu, located
to the right of the help menu. In the floating window that appears, you
can browse all the characters that are available in any of the
installed fonts.

Unicode characters can also be entered using the Unicode Hex Input
input manager, but that's beyond the scope of this mail ;-).

Complete Unicode support is a great thing about Mac OS X.

/ Regards, David